Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 12th

Do you ever feel like you're just watching a movie about your life? I do, sometimes. It's strange, but I feel like I'm following a story in which Kassy is just another character. It's hard, sometimes, to feel connected with the decisions that I make, the things that I say and do. I feel like I'm not even real except in my mind. It's odd, I know, but it feels weird to think that other people have my name programmed into their phones, or that they see my Facebook page. It's strange to think that people see me in class and on walkways and in parking lots. My name is on a roster for Dr. Ritter's classes, and Dr. Bond's, and Dr. Olesen's. My name, phone number, and birthday are on an employee list for the bookstore. I saw my birthday written down on Cindy's calendar last time I went to the bookstore on an errand. People think of text messages to send me, find my name in their phone and send them. Sometimes they call. I don't know why this feels so strange. It's everyone, right? I'm pretty low-profile compared to a lot of other people I know. So why does it feel so strange to feel visible?
~Kassius~

No comments:

Post a Comment